Westerly Hospital offers comprehensive outpatient and inpatient therapy and rehabilitation services in a variety of specialties and areas.
Outpatient Physical Therapy
To meet their physical therapy needs, patients can access a wide variety of equipment and clinical expertise at our outpatient physical therapy center, located at 81 Beach Street in Westerly. We offer convenient hours and parking.
For more information about our outpatient physical therapy services, call 401-348-3346.
Inpatient Therapy Services
Inpatient therapy services are provided on all nursing units within the Hospital and include the following:
- Orthopedic, sports and work-related injuries
- Balance and gait instability
- Neurologic diagnoses including stroke, Parkinson’s disease and Multiple Sclerosis
- Back and neck injuries
- Aquatic Therapy (at the Westerly YMCA)
- Post operative care
To learn about wound care services, please click here.
- Hand therapy: Arthritis, fractures, lacerations, post-surgical
- Cumulative trauma disorders
- Splint fabrication
- Neurologic disorders including stroke, Parkinson’s disease and Multiple Sclerosis
- Lymphedema management (upper extremities)
- Pediatrics: Developmental delay, fine motor delay, sensory integration
Speech and Language Pathology Services
Westerly Hospital’s Speech-Language Pathology Department provides diagnostic and therapeutic services to children, adolescents and adults. Conditions treated include speech and language, cognitive and swallowing impairments due to developmental delay and disorder, cerebrovascular accident (stroke), traumatic brain injury, and other medical, neurological and respiratory compromises. The department’s services are available at bedside for inpatients and in our rehabilitation center for outpatients.
Coordination of services with school systems and referrals to other specialists, when appropriate, are completed on a regular basis.
- Speech and language assessment and treatment
- Swallowing assessment and treatment
- Cognitive therapy
- Voice assessment and treatment
- Fluency assessment and treatment
- Disorders related to brain injury, stroke and/or neurologic impairment assessment and treatment
- Laryngectomy rehabilitation
Our speech-language pathologists hold masters degrees, as well as ASHA certification and Rhode Island licensure in speech-language pathology.
To contact the Speech-Language Pathology team at Westerly Hospital, call 401-348-3347 or outside Rhode Island at 800-933-5960, extension 3347.